Our Thursday classes are progressive, with a new term suitable for absolute beginners starting every 7 or 8 weeks.
Beginners can start our Fundamentals class in any of the first 3 weeks of a term. If you miss the first 3 weeks, it’s best to wait until the next one starts.
No need to book in advance, just come along on the night!
What is my dance level?
1. You have no dance experience and want to try a new hobby, or have tried a different style of dance, you’ve seen Lindy hop/charleston.
2. You have been attending weekly classes regularly for 1 or 2 terms, are comfortable with 8 and 6 count footwork and regularly social dance.
3. You have been dancing regularly for a year, have attended workshops, performed choreography routines, or entered open comps.
How much does a class cost?
£5.00 for members, students, and concessions.
£6.00 for non-members.
This price is for the whole evening – all classes and social dancing included!
We also offer a 10 Class Pass, which you can buy on the door.
When are classes?
What should I bring?
- Comfortable shoes: Keds, Converse, plimsoles.
- A water bottle (water and cups provided at the class).
- Comfortable clothes, spare top, mints, deodorant.
Where are classes?
Classes are at LifeCare Center, 2 Cheyne St, Edinburgh EH4 1JB.