- What ESDS did in 2020
- Plans for 2021
- Financial Report
- Proposed changes to the Constitution
- Election of Committee Members
61 members and 8 life members – 69 in total. 20% (14 members) are required for the meeting to be quorate. 19 were actually present.
Minutes from the AGM on 23 January 2020 were approved.
What we did in 2020
Classes and workshops
- Nearly 2 terms, variable class sizes
- Suspended due to Covid 19 and lockdown
- 1 band night
- 2 refresher workshops
- On line solo jazz classes – huge thank you to Lottie
- On line Halloween Party – huge thank you to Kate
- On line Christmas party
- Katie and Jamie
Events and other activities
- Open Streets – 2 outdoor dancing events
- working on revised domain name and website
- Membership numbers – 61
- Lifetime members – 8
Thanks to Volunteers
- Thursday volunteers – door, setup/cleanup, carrying, water, etc:
- Doug, Emily, Jarek, Karen, Scott and Valerie
- Eva, Kate, Michael, Paddy and Siggy
- Alex, Chris, Graeme, Iain, Jane, Lottie, Niall, Rhona and Vicky.
- Emma, Jeff, Karen, Lottie, Niall, Pippa, Rhona, Ross
Plans for 2021
Working towards regular in person face to face classes once it is safe to do so.
Regularly monitoring the current pandemic situation and government guidelines.
If possible, a small celebration of some kind for the ESDS’s 25th Birthday with a view to hopefully a bigger celebration in 2022.
|Income from classes and workshops |
(including Zoom classes/socials)
|Cost of classes, workshops and Zoom classes/socials||£1,812.16|
|Other running costs||£1,096.81|
Propose Amendments to Constitution
Proposals were circulated via email on 28 November 2020 to all current members and life members (78)
Following review of the membership log a number of continuing members registered have not actually paid the membership fee for 2020. They received the email but only 69 people in total are eligible to vote.
The proposed amendments were agreed by all at the meeting plus two other members who agreed via email 21 in total. The amended constitution is here.
Elect committee members and AOB
- Jeff Khan – stood down in July 2020
- Karen Rae
The following changes were proposed and accepted by all in attendance:
- Propose moving AGM to May
- Propose extending term of current committee membership (7) until 31 May 2021
- Propose extending current ESDS membership for 2020 until 31 August 2021
- Propose starting annual ESDS membership from 1 September until 31 August each year