Our AGM is coming up on Thursday 24th of January, and we want you to join our team!
Our weekly classes, socials, workshops and events are a result of a fantastic team working together and volunteering their time to bring you the joy of Lindy hop.
If you have a New Year’s resolution to try something new, learn/enhance a skill, get involved with the community or spread joy into other people’s lives, join our committee!
If you’re looking for a new job this year, employers love volunteers because it demonstrates to them that you are passionate, have a growth mind-set, use your time proactively, you have more than just job related skills and broadened your connections.
What’s in it for you
You get free access to classes and socials all year round, as well as events you volunteer at.
Required skills, qualities and experience
Enthusiasm about swing dance, self-motivation, a team player, takes initiative.
As long as you have been a member this past year, anyone is free to run for whichever position they want.
To submit your interest in a role please email firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 21 January.
Ensures the smooth running of the ESDS in line with the agreed Constitution and Values. Responsibilities include:
- acting as the main point of contact for the society
- supporting and motivating the committee
- delegating tasks where appropriate
- chairing meetings and facilitating communication
- overseeing progress of the committee
- making the final decision on matters
Supports the Chair and Treasurer in ensuring the smooth running of the ESDS in line with the agreed Constitution and Values. Responsibilities include:
- all things administrative, from sending out newsletters, overseeing meeting logistics and keeping minutes
- sharing important information with the committee
- booking rooms as and when required
- monitoring membership
- dealing with any incoming or outgoing correspondence
- Additional duties may include social media and website updates.
Responsible for the finances of the society, including:
- budgeting for the year
- dealing with receipts and invoices
- monitoring membership
- making sure the money is going to the right places and people
- updating the committee on financial matters
Help out with all aspects of running the society. Includes helping with admin, logistics, communication, planning, organising, and delivering our classes, workshops and events.
All committee members are expected to attend up to 6 meetings over the year.
What is the AGM?
The AGM (Annual General Meeting) is where we elect the new committee who will take the society into the following year.
What happens at the AGM?
On the night, we will run a joint Level 2 and 3 class upstairs in The Gallery from 7:30-8:30pm. Level 1 will run as normal.
The AGM will follow downstairs before an extended social. It should only take about 20 minutes.
We will firstly go through any official business before we get to the electing of each position as listed. (If you can’t make it on the day, then send an email/message with what you would like said on your behalf and we will read it out on your behalf.)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask us, whether it be a specific member about what their role entails, or just something about how great being on the committee is in general.
Please come along and vote!